The core team
Robrecht, Bruno and Maciej are behind Synchestra: three passionate engineers who also play music. Or three music freaks who happen to be engineers as well, one could say.
We share a love of music and technology and all three have a solid scientific basis in analogue and digital sound engineering. We are also musicians and have been playing the organ, piano and guitar for years. We know better than anyone how much time and effort is needed to master a single piece of music: days, weeks, sometimes months. But we are prepared to do it. Because we want to experience that one magical moment: the moment that we can perform the work: with goose bumps, shivers down our spines, tears in our eyes from emotion.
Bruno K. Tourwé, Chief Technological Officer
- In charge of Synchestra's IT infrastructure and processes.
- He is an expert in digital audio processing in speech and music applications and has a lot of experience in this field.
- Is a pianist with Yannick Bovy, among others.
- Is also a mechanical-electrical engineer.
Gregory R. Paternoster
- Takes care of digital sales and community building at Synchestra.
- Broad experience in digital sales, both in B2B and B2C environments.
- Plays guitar and bass. Founder of The Ninety Eighty Four (metal band) and Wall of Fire (pop-rock-soul songs).
- Also holds a master's degree in economic sciences.
Maciej B. Orzechowski, Senior application developer
- Brings Synchestra's SyPlayer to life.
- Has been a C++ programmer of software applications and embedded systems for over twenty years.
- He is a cracker in digital music applications.
- Plays guitar and bass guitar, and is a songwriter.
- Is also a Master of Science in biocybernetics and biomedical engineering.
Robrecht H. Paternoster, Chief Musical Officer
- Monitors the musicological and scientific quality of the scores of Synchestra's musical works, and is responsible for the scientific research and development of the SyPlayer app.
- Studied piano, oboe, recorder (soprano, alto, tenor), choral singing, chamber music, harmony and music history.
- He is an amateur organist and enjoys music from the 17th to the early 20th century.
- He is also a chemical engineer and has a doctorate in biomedical engineering.
Yannick P. Paternoster
- Brings the Synchestra website with its underlying music database to life.
- Thorough knowledge of PHP, CSS and advanced web development techniques.
- Studied drums, and is passionate about metal.
- Is also a bachelor in interactive multimedia and design